This particular post was requested by a very “Big” fan of my art, and i would love to share these tips to everyone else too wanting to improve on their realism.
I’m not perfect. In fact, i’ve never gotten a formal training on “How to Draw”. Lets just say, except for those teeniey art classes i had back in primary school. Above all, I’ve got Civil Engineering taking up most of my time! I cannot wait to go to an art school! Sincerely, everything i’ve been applying and my techniques have been God Almighty. Sometimes, i simply wonder how my hands got so skilled at it. Yesterday, i had to merge a drawing of mine with the original picture and i was dumbfounded at the hat details.
- Always try to set your tones and blends. I mean, when you’re about to begin a drawing, try to analyze it. Differentiate the dark tones from the not-so-dark tones and the lightest tones
- Remember, what makes your artwork so realistic is the way your drawing communicates with light. Some places are simply not meant to be shaded and vice versa
- Concentration is key. Most times, I’ve got music in my ears so as not to get distracted by anything at all and keep me in that “creative mode” Surprisingly, it has a significant effect on my speed. I tend to draw much faster when i’m jamming up
- Don’t worry dear, you don’t have to get all the details exactly! As long as you’re passing the message that “That’s a Cup”, Everyone would know its a cup!
- Please! Don’t be in a hurry to finish. I used to be a victim of this. so, i speedily finish up and forget about it. Once you notice tiredness, or you’re feeling your concentration weaken, pause that drawing. It would always be there the next day , waiting for you to continue that lovely work.
This video was made using my ipad. Sadly, i do not have a camera to record some lovely videos and show you crisp details, but i wont allow it stop anything, hence the unprofessional-ism. If you want to help me out with a camera, lol. No problem x
I hope these tips were eye opening!
Mark 11:25 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. “
Thanks so much for the views!
You are splendid!